Reytec Construction Resources, Inc. commits to help Minority, Women and Small Business Enterprises (MWSBE) evolve into prime contractors. In the first quarter of 2019, we will launch the Reytec Small Contractor Development Program (RSCDP) ― an innovative program that helps develop small civil construction contractors with capacity-building skills. The program will also enhance their knowledge of the civil construction industry to facilitate their growth into prime contracting.
Reytec’s Commitment to Small Contractors
As a graduate of the City of Houston’s MWSBE program, Reytec appreciates and supports the City’s mission of developing and promoting small businesses. Additionally, Reytec understands the challenges small businesses face. For this reason, Reytec is extending its corporate responsibility by giving back and sharing lessons learned that helped it grow from a small contractor into one of the leading prime construction firms in greater Houston. Reytec stands at the forefront of mentoring minority-owned, small construction contractors and continues to be a trailblazer by developing and implementing this ground-breaking program for MWSBEs.
RSCDP benefits all parties involved with strong networking opportunities to generate revenue. Individual benefits are:
- Subcontractors Participants: learn to successfully bid as prime contractors, improve business and personal credit worthiness, build lines of credit and work capacity, gain valuable construction knowledge from mentoring, and increase capacity.
- Reytec: gains capable, qualified subcontractors and has access to a larger selection of qualified subcontractors.
- City of Houston: gains capable, qualified subcontractors, increasing MWSBE participation, and thereby creating a competitive and diverse business environment that stimulates local economic growth.
- Surety: increases bondable contractors.
- Banks: build long-term business relationships.
Program Partners Include:
- Banking: Wallis Bank
- Bookkeeping: Bre Virtual Assistant Services, Brooke East
- Bonding: USI Insurance, Cheryl Colson
- Insurance: Redmon-Keys Insurance Group, Inc., Danielle M. Redmon
How to Apply
This two-year program rolled out April 16, 2019. Accepting Applications starting April 30, 2019. Interested sub-contractors are encouraged to visit this web page frequently for program updates. For more information about this program, please contact Joi Bishop at 713-957-4003.