Contract amount: $14,377,097
Kirby Drive Storm Sewer Relief Project Segment 3: Reytec served as the prime contractor to the City of Houston and was responsible for the traffic control, street lighting, pavement markings, pollution prevention, site work/landscaping, demolition of existing concrete/asphalt and paving (curbs, sidewalks and storm sewer). This project consisted of:
- approximately 2,945 linear feet of 14-foot by 12-foot reinforced concrete box storm sewer,
- 1,544 linear feet of 24-inch, 30-inch, 36-inch and 48-inch storm sewers,
- 395 linear feet of 8-inch through 24-inch water line and concrete roadway reconstruction with curb,
- 752,000 square yards of 10-inch concrete paving,
- 6-inch curb and gutter, and
- Stamped concrete sidewalks.
The location of this project, which centered around the Kirby Drive and University Boulevard intersection, is one of the most congested areas in Houston. We worked with more than 42 different organizations, including Neighborhood HOAs and business groups, on a daily basis. Communication with these groups was critical to our overall work plan. We coordinated with numerous local businesses on access and egress to their establishments, including working nights and weekends, when required.
For more details on this project, please contact Reytec Projects.